Where are they now?

Re: Where are they now?

by idealsheldon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:22 am

Lost in the officiating kerfuffle last night is the great game Martese Jackson had - 339 return yards.

The Als should try to find a guy like him as a successor to Stefan Logan. Oh....right....I forgot!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 pm

We have to help other teams,particularly the Argos,Sheldon.

Richard
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:We have to help other teams,particularly the Argos,Sheldon.

Richard

You`re right Richard, I forgot. :D
All-Star

by tony » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:15 pm

idealsheldon wrote:
RichardVeilleux wrote:We have to help other teams,particularly the Argos,Sheldon.

Richard

You`re right Richard, I forgot. :D

Can say that again!
All-Star

by GHT120 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:37 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Lost in the officiating kerfuffle last night is the great game Martese Jackson had - 339 return yards.

The Als should try to find a guy like him as a successor to Stefan Logan. Oh....right....I forgot!

How did JP know he would be an Argo a year later and need MJ?
All-Star

by okie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 am

Rough day for Ethan Davis as he was guarding Nick Moore who ended up with 220 receiving yards.

Subtracting a zone coverage and a switch, Davis gave up at best 157 yards. There was another 20 yards that could be added (to 177), but I am not sure if the play was designed for Davis to leave Moore alone and double team Manny Arceneaux. To be accurate, Davis did have 1 Defended Pass against Moore on a difficult sideline throw attempt by Travis Lulay.
All-Star

by Bigshot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:39 pm

okie wrote:Rough day for Ethan Davis as he was guarding Nick Moore who ended up with 220 receiving yards.

Subtracting a zone coverage and a switch, Davis gave up at best 157 yards. There was another 20 yards that could be added (to 177), but I am not sure if the play was designed for Davis to leave Moore alone and double team Manny Arceneaux. To be accurate, Davis did have 1 Defended Pass against Moore on a difficult sideline throw attempt by Travis Lulay.

J'espère que les gens vont réaliser à présent que le l'échange entre Simmons et Davis était la bonne.
Rookie

by idealsheldon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Jacob Ruby has signed with the Eskimos. I will be curious to see if he can be developed.

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/17/former-first-round-pick-ol-jacob-ruby-signs-with-eskimos/
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Looking at all CFL rosters -active,injured and practice- I count 28 former Alouettes playing with another team as results of trades,releases and free agency. Toronto with 9 and Saskatchewan with 6 are the teams with most former Alouettes; Winnipeg has none. The more notable or the ones who contribute(d) more with their team are:

Nat. G Ryan Bomben and Nat. LB Nicholas Shortill in Hamilton
Nat. FB Patrick Lavoie in Ottawa
Int. WR S.J. Green,Int. LB Bear Woods,Nat. DL Jeffrey Finley,Nat. OT Chris VanZeyl and Int. RB Brandon Whitaker in Toronto
Int. KR/RB Chris Rainey and Nat. DB Keynan Parker in BC
Int. DB Ed Gainey,Nat. DB Mike Edem,Nat. Jeff Hecht and Int. WR Duron Carter in Saskatchewan

While there are 28 former Alouettes with other teams, the Alouettes do have 27 players-active,injured and practice- from other teams.

Looking at the active rosters of all 9 teams for week 5, I count the players on a team coming from other teams at:

BC 9
Calgary 9
Hamilton 15
Toronto 17
Winnipeg 18
Montreal 19
Ottawa 20
Edmonton 22
Saskatchewan 24

Looking more closely at the active roster of the Alouettes, I realize that:

9 of the 17 Int. starters are coming from/started their CFL career with other teams; they are: QB Darian Durant-Saskatchewan-,Kyries Hebert-Ottawa-,Tyree Hollins-Saskatchewan-, Ernest Jackson-BC-,Nik Lewis-Calgary-,Jovan Olafioye-BC-,Brian Simmons-Edmonton-,Brandon Stewart-Calgary and Tiquan Underwood-Hamilton-

2 of 7 Nat. starters are from other teams; they are: DT's Keith Shologan and Jabar Westerman.

Let's hope that the Int. talent originally signed by the Alouettes will improve in the coming months or year; in the next 2 months and taking into account players of the NFL placed on injured and practice rosters no less than 600 Int. players will be available to CFL teams; I hope that the Alouettes GM and scouts will put emphasis on RB's,WR's.KR's and DL.

Richard
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:48 pm

A couple of small corrections Richard. Dan LeFevour in Wpg. and also Chad Rempel was briefly with the Als in 2009 though I don`t think he ever dressed in a game.

https://cflpa.com/players/chad-rempel/
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Sheldon,

Dan LeFevour did not start his career in Montreal but Hamilton and Chad Rempel started his in Winnipeg.

Richard
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Sorry Richard, didn't realize you were basing it on career starts, which is probably the better way of doing the exercise.
All-Star

Previous