ICYMI

Re: ICYMI

by nowhereman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:05 am

Just an FYI

Starter

by ed ohmnes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Calgary; Huffnagle. Quarterback; Dickerson.; quarterback, Mitchell; quarterback,; Figure it out;
Starter

by depopulationINC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:16 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Calgary; Huffnagle. Quarterback; Dickerson.; quarterback, Mitchell; quarterback,; Figure it out;

A loss to the Als?
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:46 am

Durant plays better
Starter

by Taleback » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:23 am

So you're thinking Q.B. is a problem with the current version of the Riders?
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:23 am

I don't think it's quite there yet, but i know Kevin will do alright, I would just like to see the other q.b.'s get some spot duty as we go along , I mean now not 6 more games into the season,, I just don't see us competing with the west now. We'll see better after the next couple of games .
Starter

by Taleback » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:34 am

So next week in Calgary when it's 32 - 30 Riders with 4 minutes left in the game, you want to see the youngsters come in and finish the game off for some spot duty?
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:42 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Durant plays better

Really? He was hot garbage in the first half and did his best to give the Stamps the game and has not played a lot of great ball this season so far. He was pretty good in the second half though.

No question DD is a good QB, but straight up, Glen's numbers are better at this time and there is no way that if you plugged DD into this O that he could run it the same. DD strength is mobility and willingness to hold onto the ball a split second longer, but he is a slow read and has a slow release. This O is filled with timing routes and quick passes....that plays to Glenn's strengths and DD's weaknesses. Glenn has not had under 70% completion rate, while for DD this was his first to break that...he was at closer to 60% before the game last night (9% lower than Glenn) and in 2nd last in the league...barely topping over the brutality of Collaros and the Ticats thus far. Don't kid yourself....Montreal's D won that game. Thorpe is the best DC in this league.

"better" is therefore subjective....but in the new era of passing game extremely favored CFL those percentages are a big deal. It used to be that if a QB was completing at about 61-62 he was doing pretty well...now, anything under 66-67 is not meeting expectations. The scale has moved.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Numbers shmumbers, it's when the games on the line, at the end of the season. That will be the telling tale.
Starter

by Abendschan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:47 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Numbers shmumbers, it's when the games on the line, at the end of the season. That will be the telling tale.

Too bad the anti-Jones hatred is still "gettin" in the way eh, at least that's what it appears to be like here in on down speedway. Time to start the Chris Jones get on board club, and some ain't "gettin" in. Oh by the way boy, I'd walk a mile for that there camel. Ya man
Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation
Los Angeles Rams - Ram Nation in LA
Starter

by depopulationINC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Numbers shmumbers, it's when the games on the line, at the end of the season. That will be the telling tale.

Sounds like a statement to fall back on when there is not much else there. Bottom 3 coming into this week in:
- completion percentage
- yards
- QB rating
- TDs
- 300 yard games (the new benchmark of success for a QB)
- points per drive
- 2nd down conversion
- INT
- TD ratio
- YPG
- YPP
- <10yrd pass
- <20yrd pass

- >20 yard pass is the only stat he was actually prevailing in, in 2nd....like I said...that is his butter...being willing to take that hit, so not shocking

Montreal is doing well because of their D. DD might light it up at some point but to think he has thus far...please. Oh right..."just you wait" right? Knocking numbers with a 'he is better cuz I said so' simply because there is no base to stand on when making that statement at this time. He is gone, move on and enjoy the fact the the Rider QB is performing as one of the top few in the league at this time.

yet another thread that ohmnes needs to derail and make about DD.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:01 am

So , what do you think about playing bridge or Williams ? For a quarter in the next game , ? Don't you think that they should start getting in there a bit to, to get some experience in the event that glen goes down.
Starter

by depopulationINC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:02 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:So , what do you think about playing bridge or Williams ? For a quarter in the next game , ? Don't you think that they should start getting in there a bit to, to get some experience in the event that glen goes down.

Nope. Not unless it is a big lead late or a blowout against. A coach who swaps QBs in a 2 score game should be fired on the spot.

Plopping a guy in along the way for a few plays here and there can be beneficial, and they have toyed with that some.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:48 pm

I was thinking of trying to develope a lemmermon / wilkinson team, like Edmonton, because of Glenn's age.
Starter

by depopulationINC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:38 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:I was thinking of trying to develope a lemmermon / wilkinson team, like Edmonton, because of Glenn's age.

Not likely to happen. There is a reason that nobody does it any more for decades even though there are teams that could very easily do it. The closest we have seen to that was the "1A and 1B" of Tate vs Bo a few years back...that didn't last long...and to a degree Burris/Harris...but that was more due to injury.
All-Star

PreviousNext